Things are weird in the world. ‘Nuff said.
If you’re like us, you might be getting a little stir-crazy. Being stuck inside and away from your regular daily routine is generally no bueno. Many of us are now working from home, trying to homeschool our kids, and not able to access our favorite activities.
“The coronavirus (COVID-19) is already proving to be an unprecedented disruption in our industry and economy. We are doing everything in our power to prevent the spread of COVID-19.”
– Brandon Mackay, SnugZ USA CEO
It’s safe to say we’re all a little out of our comfort zone and worried about the effects of COVID-19. Shelter-in-place orders are popping up all over the world, forcing us to adapt. Since you’ve probably already run through your Netflix queue, here are a few ideas to keep you occupied and sane during social isolation.
Learn that new thing you’ve put off
Now that we have so much more time at home, we have the great opportunity to try out all those “someday” activities you’ve been meaning to try. Connect with your artist by painting a Bob-Ross-esque masterpiece. Read that book that has been on your nightstand for six months. Cook an elaborate meal (chicken nuggets can be included).
Man, aren’t we lucky that this quarantine is happening in an age where we can still connect with our loved ones from afar? Give your mom a call, see your friend’s faces, or watch movies together with your long-distance significant other. Just because we are directed to socially distance ourselves does not mean we can’t still reach out. FaceTime, Marco Polo, Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger all support video chat.
Make screen time convenient & stylish
Many of us are spending more time than usual staring at our phones, whether it be video conferencing, binging your favorite shows, or scrolling through Instagram. Why not make it more convenient?
Try our new Momo Stick. This simple device attaches to the back of your phone, adding barely any bulk, while allowing you to push up the attached band to create a perfect grip for your finger. It also acts as a stand to prop up your phone for optimal Netflix viewing (don’t lie–we know you’re watching Parks & Rec for the eighth time).
It’s the ultimate work-from-home accessory. Customize with your branding in full color direct print today! And while you’re at it, check out our full line of work-from-home centered products.
Kids: It Takes a Village
We all know that our littlest friends thrive on routine, so having all this uncertainty can make the stuck-at-home experience…..not so fun. But life doesn’t stop! Kiddos still have homework, still want high-energy playtime, and still miss their normal activities. Never fear! Humanity has banded together to give us some hope.
- There is a movement of teachers who are continuing their teaching online! While there are literally hundreds of resources for home-schooling, here’s just one article that you might find helpful.
- Movie-makers announced several early movie releases to various streaming and rental services, including Sonic the Hedgehog and Pixar’s Onward. You’re on your own for popcorn though.
- On that same note, Disney+ released Frozen II early. Just sayin’.
- Local libraries are streaming their story times. Here’s a library near SnugZ that does daily “Cabin-Fever” story time at 10 am MST.
- Several zoos, including the Cincinnati Zoo, are going live with their furriest friends.
- Audible is streaming children’s (and a few adult) audiobooks for free!
Adults: It Takes a Village
Screw it, it’s not only the kids that need to stay occupied! Here’s a handy-dandy list of newly-published resources that can keep you entertained, busy, and learning during social isolation.
- The Metropolitan Opera is streaming nightly performances via Twitter.
- Many Broadway plays are being published online. You can get 7 days of non-stop streaming for free right here.
- Some musicians, including John Legend and P!nk, are holding livestream concerts.
- You can wander virtually around art museums from all over the world. No travel required.
- Download Duolingo and start learning one of 31 languages totally for free.
Above all, stay healthy
The United States Government has strongly recommended social isolation, as well as self-quarantine measures. We encourage all to take these warnings seriously and obey local and national guidelines.
Now more than ever, it is important to keep washing your hands (minimum of 20 seconds with antibacterial soap!), practicing social distancing, and disinfecting common surfaces. Stay safe, stay home, and stay healthy!
For more information about preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit the CDC’s website.
COVID-19 has impacted us all, both professionally and personally. Many of our own SnugZ family are sheltering in place at their homes. Luckily, we have some phenomenal products perfect for creating the ideal home office. Download the flyer below to begin sharing these ideas today.
One Reply to “How to Save Your Last Shred of Sanity During Social Isolation”
I appreciate the call your mom suggestion!